“You’ll be able to not only break the ice, You’ll be able to melt it away with your new skills.” — Larry King
“The lost art of verbal communication could also be revitalized by Leil Lowndes.” — Harvey McKay, writer of “How to Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive”
What is that magic quality makes some people instantly loved and respected? Everyone wants to be their friend (or, if single, their lover!) In business, they rise unexpectedly to the top of the corporate ladder. What is their “Midas touch?”
What it boils down to is a more skillful way of dealing with people.
The writer has spent her career teaching people how to communicate for success. In her book How to Talk to Anyone (Up to date Books, October 2003) Lowndes offers 92 easy and effective sure-fire success techniques– she takes the reader from first meeting all of the way up to sophisticated techniques used by the big winners in life. In this information-packed book you’ll find:
- 9 how you can make a dynamite first impression
- 14 how you can master small talk, “big talk,” and body language
- 14 how you can walk and talk like a VIP or celebrity
- 6 how you can sound like an insider in any crowd
- 7 how you can establish deep subliminal rapport with anyone
- 9 how you can feed anyone’s ego (and know when NOT to!)
- 11 how you can make your phone a powerful communications tool
- 15 how you can work a party like a politician works a room
- 7 how you can talk with tigers and not get eaten alive
In her trademark entertaining and straight-shooting style, Leil gives the techniques catchy names so You’ll be able to understand that them when you truly need them, including: “Rubberneck the Room,” “Be a Copyclass,” “Come Hither Hands,” “Bare Their Hot Button,” “The Great Scorecard in the Sky,” and “Play the Tombstone Game,” for big success in your social life, romance, and business.
How to Talk to Anyone, which is an update of her popular book, Talking the Winner’s Way (see the 5-star reviews of the latter) is based on solid research about techniques that work!
By the way, don’t confuse How to Talk to Anyone with one of Leil’s previous books, How to Talk to Anybody About Anything. This one is completely different!
How to Talk to Somebody
92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships